We all have heard about Greek Gods once in our life, Zeus, Achilles, Hades and many more in ancient stories. But have you ever read their retelling stories? If not, the Dark Olympus series is here. Retelling about 13 Gods of the modern age, ruling on Olympus.
Neon Gods is the retaliation on Hades and Persephone in a hot and sexy way.
ABOUT THE BOOK
One of the Gods of Olympus was supposed to be a myth until Persephone came to face him during her run from Zeus’ hand. Hades. People of Olympus think he is long gone. But in reality, he kept his existence hidden to get his revenge, and only a few people know about it. Now that Persephone met him, and saw his strength and powers, she knew he was the only one who could keep her safe from Zeus. So they both make a deal and help each other to get what they want.
Persephone Dimitriou is the daughter of one of the 13 gods of modern Olympus. She is a society darling and never had an interest in her mother’s ambitions. Until her mother forced her to get engaged with Zeus, the most dangerous and powerful god.
Furious and frightened Persephone flees from the upper city and the forbidden river. Bumped into the myth god Hades, the only one who has power over the lower city.
Hades who had no intention to come out of the shadows until now. Persephone offers to help him to get his revenge for his parent’s murder, in exchange for that she wants to cut off her engagement with Zeus.
On their way to success, they both get tangled into each other so much that now they can do everything in their will. One to protect him from his enemies…the other to keep her close to him.
● Hades and Persephone retaliation: In the original myth Hades kidnapped Persephone to be his wife, here Persephone ran off from Zeus to Hades.
● Fake dating: Hades and Persephone display themselves as dating to show Zeus that they are in love.
● Forbidden romance: Hades was the rival of Persephone’s mother who is not in favor of their being together.
● Revenge: Hades wants revenge for his parent’s murder from Zeus.
● Power: Power plays an important role in the whole novel. Everyone fights for it.
● Secrets: Everyone has their secrets in the novel. The death of Zeus’ 3 wives or why Hades is thought to be dead.
● BDSM: Hades conducts a party every week which includes some hot and intimate activities.
● Persephone Dimitriou is a sweet girl who cares for everyone. Darling of society, everyone adores her good nature. But her mother’s ambush forces her to let go of her sweet side and be rebellious.
● Hades is a god who lives most of his life in shadows after his parent’s murder. He always had a spark for revenge and was looking for the perfect opportunity to come out in the lights.
● Zeus is as bad as he was shown in Greek mythology. The villain of the story has already killed his 3 wives and is now looking for a new Hera.
● Power is as much about perception as it is about the resources one has at their disposal.
● You’re beautiful to me. The scars are part of that, part of you.
● For someone so determined to be labeled a monster, he’s incredibly invested in my pleasure and consent.
● If we were different people in different circumstances, I would get down on my knees and beg you to stay at the end of the winter. I would move heaven and earth and the Underworld itself to keep you with me.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katee Robert is a novelist of contemporary romance and romantic suspense. She has a unique way of writing “unspeakably hot” scenes. A million copies have been sold of her books.
Overall, Neon gods is a sexy and hot retaliation of Greek mythology. It’s everything that the reader needs. Once you start reading it’s hard to put it down. A mesmerizing book, with a lot of intimate scenes and many more secrets to reveal.