Do you have a goal or a calling which will change your life but you didn’t dare to follow it? Many of us have dreams and a calling that our heart knows is the one for us. But most of the time, people won’t go for their goals because they are afraid of failure and new things. And this book The Alchemist is going to help you discover the courage to go in search of your personal legend that is your calling.
About the Book:
It is a book by Paulo Coelho. This book talks about a shepherd who goes in search of his personal treasure. With this book, the author has given his journey in a way that motivates us to pursue our personal calling. It was originally written in Portuguese and then became a worldwide best seller. Everyone who is afraid of following their personal legend should read this book.
The plot of the Book:
The book is about a boy named Santiago who is having a recurrent dream of finding a treasure in the pyramids. When he knows the meaning of his dreams, an old king appears before him and tells him finding the treasure is his personal legend and he should go in search of it. He decides to go on his personal legend selling his sheep, but he was robbed, found his love, and an impending war which gives him all the reason to quit his quest for his personal legend. The book is about whether he found his treasure and it also gives us many valuable teachings.
Why should You read this book?
- This book will give you the courage to go in search of your personal legend.
- It also gives many teachings that are valuable in your life and makes you realize many things.
- Reading the book is a wonderful experience that you don’t want to miss for sure.
- The book discusses more about the soul of the world, the language of the world, and many more which you will know and begin to observe once you read this book.
Learnings from the book:
- Everyone in the world is born with his/her personal legend.
- When you begin the search for your personal legend, the universe will be in your favor which is called beginner’s luck.
- When you are close to your personal legend, you will achieve it only after being severely tested.
- Love will not be an obstacle in your way to the personal legend, but it motivates you. If it is an obstacle then it is not true love.
- Everyone has their timing. Don’t rush anything. Eat when it’s time to eat and sleep when it is time to sleep.
- Not everyone’s personal legend is the same
About the Author:
We all would have heard about parents, who would have not accepted our personal legend. But have you heard of parents who will admit you to a mental hospital because you have a different goal from your parents? Yet, Paulo Coelho’s father has done that to him simply because he wanted to be a writer. Years later, Paulo Coelho has however pursued his call for writing and now he is one of the best-selling authors and the book The Alchemist has sold more than 65 million copies.
This book may not appeal to everyone. But we recommend everyone to read this book. This book is meant to be read by everyone and shared with everyone who discovered their personal legends but are afraid to follow it.