We all have been given 24 hours a day. Some people use it effectively, and many struggles to manage their time and wish they could get an extra 24 hours a day. But time is the same for all. And this is where effective time management is important. If you are the one who finds it difficult to manage your time effectively, then this book Eat That Frog by Brian Tracy is for you. Read this book to know how to manage your time effectively and beat procrastination.
About the book:
This book discusses the 21 ways to stop procrastination and increase our productivity. These lessons from this book are the learnings of the author who practiced it and gave us this book. This book is a very short book which you can finish in one or two sittings. It is really a gem to those who find it difficult to get their work done in time and to beat procrastination. This book also gives insights about forming habits and getting more work done in less time.
Why read this book?
- This book can be used for everyone such as students, working professionals, and business people.
- It gives many techniques such as the 80/20 rule, slice and dice technique, ABCDE method, etc. to manage our time effectively.
- The book consists of practical techniques to help us grow and develop the habit and create the momentum of getting our work done faster.
- At the end of every chapter, there is a to-do list that helps us to apply the things we learned in a practical way.
Some of the learnings from the book:
- Optimism and inner dialogue: We are talking to ourselves every day. Be sure to make that talk a positive one. Use phrases such as “I can do it!” and “Back to work” to keep you motivated towards your work.
- Set your priorities and posteriorities: Divide your tasks into priorities that involve urgent and high-value work that you must do and posteriorites that involve less-value work that you can do later.
- The Law of Three: Of all the things we do on a daily basis, there are only three things that add real value to your business or career while the other things you can delegate. Identify these three things and focus all your energy on these things to increase your productivity.
- Use technology wisely: Your technology is just a tool. Learn to use it wisely and take care of your communication. Control your urge to check your notifications consistently and go for a digital detox at least once a week.
- Have a good workplace: Your workplace should not consume your time. Arrange your workspace in such a manner that all that you need for that work is available and you don’t need to get it often.
About the Author:
Brian Tracy is one of the most successful speakers and a best-selling author who has written over 80. And his books have been translated into 42 languages. He had done more than 5000 presentations worldwide and addressed more than 5 million people around the world. His other works are Kiss that Frog, How the Best leaders lead, No excuses, etc.
To conclude, it is one of the best books that will help you to take control of your time as well as your life. If you read this book and applied those 21 strategies effectively, you will surely get successful in your field of work. Not only the work you will find time for your personal space and relationship too.