There was a group of very talented individuals. Each of them boasting a new skill and expertise. Their friendship was so palpable but one day the group breaks up. The reasons why are what we will discover.
ABOUT THE BOOK
Daisy Jones and the Six follows the rise of an iconic band, led by a remarkable lead singer. But their infamous breakup draws a lot of questions to be asked. The rise and fall of this musical empire is the story of this book. The friendships, the relationships, the money and the money lost – everything in one conversation.
In Daisy Jones and the Six we are introduced to an interview like conversation with the members of the famous band. We follow Daisy, an up and rising girl from LA, in the late sixties as she sneaks into clubs, sleeps with rock stars and dreams of singing one day. Meanwhile another band rocking the news columns and getting notices is The Six which is led by Billy Dunne. Billy on the other hand is facing the pressure of fatherhood as he realizes his girlfriend Camila is pregnant. The story is about the discovery of the potent magic Billy and Daisy create when their paths cross.
This musical book has many themes, some of them being:
● Hard Work: one of the main themes of this book is pursuing your dreams by working hard towards it. Musical aspirations are often difficult to execute, and this book follows the raw effort of all the members of this band in trying to make it a success.
● Success: another key theme in the book is success and dealing with success. Success can be overwhelming at most. With increased social interactions, heightened responsibilities, success can seem daunting. Through this book we see how the band and Daisy deal with success.
● Relationships: the best part of being in a band is always having each other’s backs. This band too in that likes follows the journey of these people understand and learning about each other as they grow.
- Daisy Jones – the protagonist of the book, the lead singer of the band. She is also the dynamic talent this book talks about
- Billy Dune: He is the lead singer of the Six and a rising star. The combination of Billy and Daisy is what created the magic on sets
- Camila Dunne – she is Billy’s girlfriend and she is the grounding factor for Billy and his addictions especially to alcohol and drugs.
– “Men often think they deserve a sticker for treating women like people.”
– “I think you have to have faith in people before they earn it. Otherwise, it’s not faith, right?”
– “It’s like some of us are chasing after our nightmares the way other people chase dreams.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Taylor Jenkins Reid is the bestselling author of books such as The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Malibu Rising and Carrie Soto Is Back. Her writing involves the study of amazing female characters. Each of her book shows the grit and power of her characters that leave the audience in awe. Her stories are unique and interesting such that they receive so much appreciation on Booktok and Booktube.
Daisy Jones and the Six is the story of the journey of some people linked together by their shared love for music. It follows the rise of their dreams, the rise of their collective identity and more importantly the rise of their passion for music. By using a very different writing style of interviews, Taylor Jenkins Ried has created a world of pop music and rock.