Love is a beautiful thing. It is beautiful because it has the potential to transform lives and create epic stories. This book is one such epic love story between two young students – the macho Landon Carter and silent Jamie Sullivan.
ABOUT THE BOOK
What happens when people of opposite characteristics meet? They often say opposites attract. Landon has lived his entire life with a strong group of friends, a lot of self-confidence and a heightened way of thinking about himself. Jamie on the other hand grew up listening to her dad, believing in Jesus and practicing kindness.
When Landon is forced to do community theatre hours for misbehaving, he meets Jamie. He is introduced to her world of beliefs, her ideas about life and more importantly her moto of kindness. No boy ever asked Jamie Sullivan out, and Landon never dreamed of it. But fate has its own way and sooner than ever he finds himself partnering up with her for a homecoming dance and his life changes forever. Their relationship blossoms and Landon discovers he has a lot to learn from Jamie than he ever thought.
This beautiful book has many themes, some of the best being:
- Love: the purity of Jamie and Landon’s love is central to this book. Their relationship blossoms from their shared innocence and hopes for the future. This love transforms not only their lives but also the experience of the readers.
- Kindness: a large part of Jamie’s world is about giving back to the community. Through their love, Jamie teaches Landon how to care for the community too. His world begins to change when Jamie teaches him the ways of kindness.
The central characters of this book are Jamie Sullivan and Landon Carter. This book is not only about their relationship and love but it’s also about their growth as individual characters of the story. We see the transformation of Landon from a macho boy to a vulnerable one. We see the transformation of Jamie from a very rigid and fearful girl to someone who wants to live her life to the fullest.
A book that speaks so dearly of love and aching is filled with beautiful lines, some of the best being:
- “Without suffering, there’d be no compassion.”
- “I held her close to me with my eyes closed, wondering if anything in my life had ever been this perfect and knowing at the same time that it hadn’t. I was in love, and the feeling was even more wonderful than I ever imagined it could be.”
- “I don’t think that we’re meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith.”
- “Knowing there’s one thing I still haven’t told you: I now believe, by the way, that miracles can happen.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nicholas Sparks is who the world turns to when they need love stories. He has mastered the art of writing love stories. Walk to Remember is one such loved book that got made into a movie too. His writing is emotional and always connected to the hearts of the characters.
Walk to Remember is a tale as old as time. It speaks of love and compassion more than any other book has. Reading A Walk to Remember is a personal experience for everyone. It is an experience one must do at least once in their lives, for this is a story of love so pure and endearing. If you are ready to shed some tears, this book is perfect for you.