One boy. One girl. A lifetime of memories, but distance that spans oceans. Once inseparable, this book follows two young adults as they are separated by distance and time. Will this test their love and relationship?
ABOUT THE BOOK
In the sleepy town of Blossom Grove, Georgia, seventeen-year-old Rune befriended Poppy. They were one half of each other’s souls. They were soulmates. But he had to leave to his native Norway and things are changing.
Now that Rune is back, he must face reality. Why did his soulmate cut off all ties with him two years ago. Why would she do this when she promised to wait, promised to love him. What explanation can ever be enough for this? But when he discovers the truth the biggest heartache of all time is about to come. How he deals with it is what the readers shall discover.
This magical book has many themes, some of them being
● Love: love is the biggest theme of this book. We follow two young kids fall in love and their quest to survive their love. This book is filled with raw emotions and efforts at saving their love for each other. If you want to know how true love feels, this book might be the best thing to happen to you.
● Separation: the separation period by when Rune returns to Georgia is also significant in this book. We see what distance does to their relationship. We see how he reacts to being cut off from Poppy. We see him grapple with her explanation to her distance too.
The central character of this book Poppy and Rune. Both of them poles apart, their love keeping them together. We discover their likes and dislikes and more importantly we discover how they love another, how deeply and intensely.
A book that speaks so dearly of love is filled with beautiful lines, some of the best being:
– “Live hard, love harder. Chase dreams, seek adventures … capture moments. Live beautifully.”
– “This isn’t the end. It’s just a little pause in our lives. And I’ll be watching over you, every single day. I’ll be in your heart. I’ll be in the blossom grove that we love so much, in the sun and the wind.”
– “Maybe we’re like the cherry blossom, Rune. Like shooting stars. Maybe we loved too much too young and burned so bright that we had to fade out.” She pointed behind us, to the blossom grove. “Extreme beauty, quick death. We had this love long enough to teach us a lesson. To show us how capable of love we truly are.”
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tillie Cole is an acclaimed US author. She recollects how one day, after finishing the hundredth book on her beloved kindle, she went to her husband and declared that she had a great idea for a book. That marked the beginning of the crazy journey of her writing her first book. Till day she maintains how she wouldn’t have done it had it not been for her husband saying, “just bloody do it!”
Thousand Boy Kisses is a book about love. It is based on the idea to give and take love, to share and spread love and most importantly to preserve love. Poppy and Rune might be young but their love is deep and they show us exactly how through this book. What I personally loved about this book was how deep the emotions were. They were so deep they had me tearing up. If you are looking for a tear-jerker pick this book up.