This book is not a mere collection of essays about some philosophical stuff. It gives guidance on how we should live and think the way. Reading this book changes the way we think.
Some learnings from the book:
● Happiness is not something that happens as a result of circumstances. It is something which you can choose if you focus on.
● A daily routine is not boring.
● If you feel fear when you are pursuing your goals, it doesn’t mean it is wrong. Fear is a good sign that you are on the right path. Fear is normal when we do something new. But we should not give up because we Fear.
● No one is responsible for changing your life. No one is going to come to your life and pick you from your misery. You are the one who is responsible for your life and you should pick yourself up.
● Love is not something that you gain by having a certain set of conditions. Normally in many relationships, people expect their partners to do something to make them feel good. And if they don’t do it, they get upset. They end up doubting the whole relationship. Your happiness is your responsibility. Not others, even your spouse or partner.
● Happiness is a choice. Also, you can’t feel happy all the time. Happiness is an emotion that you have to experience. You won’t be happy by attaching it to an outcome or a thing. Indeed you have to experience it in the process itself.
● The problem is not the actual problem. The problem is actually what you think about the problem. You can always change your mindset and shift your perspective. And you can always change your perspective.
● You are always thinking about how people will judge you. But, when you analyse who the people are, it is usually a crowd of people in your mental image.
● Your heart will guide you into what you want. And your mind on how you can. Always keep both in their expertise.
● Acquiring things externally will not give you the internal contentment which you are seeking.
● You have to realize that when a bad moment happens in your life, it is only a moment of your life. That bad moment will not become your life.
About the Author:
Brianna Wiest is one of the best-selling authors in the US. She has also written The mountain is you, When you are ready. She is also a writing partner on Forbes. Her works ranked at the top on amazon and sold millions of copies worldwide. Her works have also been translated into 17 languages.
101 Essays from this book will change the way of your thinking. There are many interesting learnings from the book that we savour for your reading the book. As a final note, we want to say read this book or you are going to miss out on something interesting.